Education International (EI), the global voice for 30-million teachers and education workers, will hold its 7th World Congress in Ottawa in July. For the first time, Canada will greet the 1,500 teacher leaders from around the world who gather at the Congress which is held every four years. The last Congress was held in Cape Town, South Africa in 2011.
Personnel at all levels of the education system – from early child care to post-secondary – will debate and adopt policies related to major education issues such as ensuring access to free quality inclusive public education, commercialization in education, violence against girls and the international teacher trade union movement.
Details of the World Congress:
Hosts and EI Affiliate organizations:
- Canadian Teachers’ Federation (CTF) Ottawa
- Centrale des syndicats du Québec (CSQ), Montreal
- Fédération nationale des enseignantes et des enseignants du Québec, Confédération des syndicats nationaux, (FNEEQ-CSN) Montreal
- Fédération québécoise des professeures et professeurs d’université (FQPPU), Montreal
- Fédération du personnel professionnel des universités et de la recherche (FPPU), Montreal and
- Canadian Association of University Teachers (CAUT), Ottawa.